Question:Solve the system and state if it is an independent or dependent system.
12) 4x + 2y = -10
3x + y = -6
13) 3x + 4y = 18
4x - 5y = -7
14) 2/3x + 1/4y = 4
X = -3/8y + 6
15) 1/2x + 1/3y = 6
Y = 1/2x + 2
28) State and explain your method of solution, and then state your answers
Y = -4x
X - y = -10
29)2x - 2y = 5
5x - 3y = 11
30) 3x - 2y = 0
7x - 8y = 10
12) x=-1; y=-3; independent system
13) x=2; y=3; independent system
14) both equations are same; dependent system
15) x=8; y=6; independent system
28) substitution; substitute y=-4x into the second equation; x=-2; y=8
29) elimination; x=7/4; y=-3/4
30) substitution; substitute y=3x/2 (original equation: 3x-2y=0); x=-2; y=-3
you should be doing this by yourself, even though i'm giving you the answers.
It's not that hard.
And don't just use these answers to get homework grade. I recommend you to solve it by yourself first, and compare the answers. When you get wrong, check what you did wrong. That way helps you a lot. I did that when I didn't know.
Once again don't just copy it down. Once you start doing that, you are really gonna get in trouble understanding trigonometry, calculus, etc.
More Related Questions & Answers...