Are P.E. credentials universal?

Question:If I obtain a Physical Education Teaching Credential in Canada or Florida, am I still able to teach in California? I've recently decided to go into Physical Education and I am ultimately going to have an ADA Credential to work with the special education population. Could someone enlight me on this subject? Thanks.

I am not a teacher of any kind in Canada or Florida. I am not credentialed to teach PE as a single subject or as a specialist for students with disabilities. However, I am a special education teacher and have held credentials in two states.

It is my understanding that there is a degree of reciprocity between states (and some countries) with regard to the wide range of teaching credentials. The more rigorous your university and state training requirements, the more likely that your credential will be accepted elsewhere with few, if any, additional requirements.

Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is to contact the universities that you plan to attend and the licensing agencies (such as the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing). When you have done this research you will know the answer to what seems to be a simple question.

More Related Questions & Answers...
Financial Aid
Higher Education
Home Schooling
Homework Help
Primary & Secondary Education
Special Education
Standards & Testing
Studying Abroad
Words & Wordplay
General - Education

Financial Services:
24Biz - Lincoln NE USA Financial services