About Mandatory certificate for marine engineers?

Question:I learnt that to work onboard a ship or maritine area one needs mandatory certificate from a school of oceanography.

You need to do a cadetship which is a 4 year course. 3 years in college and 1 year at sea.

From this you will gain Certificates of Competency

Class 4 - Watchkeeping

after more sea and college time

Class 2 - 2nd Engineer - Unlimited for motorships and restricted Chief Engineer to 3,000 kW

after yet more sea and college time

Class 1 - Chief Engineer - Unlimited for Motorships

There are also qualifications for Steam Engineers but these types of vessels are few and far between these days.

More Related Questions & Answers...
Financial Aid
Higher Education
Home Schooling
Homework Help
Primary & Secondary Education
Special Education
Standards & Testing
Studying Abroad
Words & Wordplay
General - Education

Financial Services:

1PLs (30-day Loans)